Black Friday Blues, pt. 2

I’d mentioned my problem with my Black Friday Sales purchase.

Well, it gets better.

I’ve been monitoring my e-mail, as well as the company’s web page, for any news about shipments, deliveries, or problems with either.  Nothing.  No news is good news, right?  Well, out of curiosity, I decided to go to the company’s Facebook page.  Why I didn’t do this earlier, I don’t know.  But I learned that – surprise, surprise – I’m not the only person who’s been waiting for an update on their sale orders.  In fact, some of the complaints reference orders that were placed well in advance of the holiday sale.  If nothing else, this validates the “madhouse” theory that I proposed last time: Things were so overwhelming that the shipping area has become the proverbial “mad house,” and orders are being filled as they can.

But a comment someone made on the Facebook page triggered an alarm bell in my head.  Curious about this new bit of information, I took five minutes to research and – lo and behold – it turns out that while they’ve “confirmed” my order, they’ve not yet charged me for it.  I’ve been under the assumption that my credit card had been charged and this was simply negligence in fulfilling a paid order.  I haven’t paid – at least, not yet – because they’ve not charged me for my purchase.  From what I’ve read insofar as the experiences of others, once the credit card reflects the charge, the merchandise has arrived a couple of days later.

This creates a conundrum for me.  On the one hand, I hate irresponsible companies that promote sales like this and then are unable (or unwilling) to meet the customer demand.  My heart tells me to cancel the order while it’s still “an order,” and, should I still want the products, look for them elsewhere – like Ebay or Amazon.  On the other hand, however, there’s that part of me that points out that I’ve already invested two weeks into this mess; waiting another week or so won’t be that big of a deal.  There’s also the fact that I could never match the prices that the items in question were sold (*ahem*allegedly sold), so it might be in my best interests to just sit and wait.

I’ve already indicated (again, on Facebook) that I’m displeased by what has happened, and that I’ve no intentions of ever buying directly from this company ever again.  I’ve seen that others have expressed similar sentiments, but if my experience is any sort of guide, then only about fifteen percent of those crying foul now will follow through.  Not me, though.  I’m probably going to wait.  Why not?  I’ll likely not get my order in time to do what I’d wanted before Christmas, so . . . there’ll be a few late gifts.  And once my box arrives, I’ll thank the delivery man and wish him well.  I might even send the company a note to thank them for their product.  But this is one company that’s now on my boycott list, and while I like their products, I’ll direct my purchases towards second-hand or middle-man providers.  I went through this nonsense last year, so you’d think that I’d learn my lesson.  Clearly, I haven’t.

In any case, I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s